Sunday, October 10, 2010

MICA, First month down!

WOW! Can you believe it? Next week is midterms for the first semester! How the heck did it come so quick? This area is still a strange to me, but its getting better and better as the weeks go by. Who knows, maybe I'll even grow to love this place!

Though after 2 trips up to NYC in the past few weeks, I DEEPLY miss NY, and now have a special feeling towards the city:)

Either way, I have mostly been drawing, painting, writing and doing many other assignments, which is keeping me away from photography. This might be a good thing, it should all help my photography in the long run...I just hate the feeling of abandoning it.


ALSO, I have been asked many times how I go through my editing process. I figured now is a good time to explain that quickly:
My process always consists of following my intuition when photographing (which is why I prefer to photograph alone- no influences), then uploading them into bridge.
From there, I'll go through a strict critiquing and judging process by myself. I end up selecting a bunch from the photoshoot that are 'maybes', then narrowing them down to the 'probablies', to the final 'Definatelys'. My photos dont always get to the 'definitely' stage each time, but thats what practice is for.
From there I edit them in Camera Raw to adjust colors/contrast/sharpness/saturation/noise/etc. I then open them up in photoshop and work my little heart out for over an hour on each photo (unless I see that its a dud). Even then I do not display each photo I edit, but half of them get shown to atleast someone. And, thats my process!



So our latest EMAC assignment has allowed me to use photography though. Beneath are 3 examples of the photos I had to use for the project.






On the latest NYC Trip, I took a few new pictures that I have not had time to edit yet. So below are photos of my last nyc trip.





I think I'm realizing even if my photos don't look 'outstanding' in the camera, the more work I put into it, the more it will come out to be what I want it to be. Of course, that does not always work out, but thats the fun of it sometimes! Now I just have to keep reminding myself that I Can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment