Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spring Semester of Andrews University

So sorry that I have not been writing in my blog guys. The time I had on break just slipped past me. I had such a refreshing break. I got a chance to be with some friends and definitely with my family and to get some time to myself. Though part of me is really looking forward to going back home to be with people there again. I like the conversations I get into with some people-I really hope I can make a difference in someones life, but if not, at least I can say I have tried.
I also got a chance to work a little at the Illustration Agency (www.portfoliosolutionsllc.com) and on the side as a freelance photographer. I am grateful that people asked me to photograph for them while I was home for break, and that I got to practice some of my own still life shots-that was all thanks to God - imo the story was kinda a miracle to have been able to snatch a studio lighting kit (after the deadline) and rent it the entire break!:) I am gonna be praying that I get that opportunity again over the summer.

If you would like to see some of the beautiful and fun photoshoots I got to do over the break, just look below. I've uploaded some of the photos.


This semester I will be taking an independent study for my web design, maybe learning some javascript and other languages I do not even remember the name of. I will also be taking a documentary course (that I am Reallllly excited to start!!!) and an advance photography course (probably going to be really tough) along with a religion ethics course and an art history course. In documentary photography, we get to choose an area/person/event/etc that we wish to emphasize on throughout the entire semester. We are to form a connection with the people and continue going back to shoot more and more and more-hopefully every time getting better and better. I have some ideas in my head already, just planning on praying to ask God where it is exactly He wants me to be for this project. You never know how this could influence me or I them.
Advance Photography I just keep hearing is 'fun' but 'tough'. The teacher (and I am sure he will be reading this at some point too) is known for being strictly hard, but once again, if God got me through Advanced Studio, He will get me through this course too.
I am grateful that I am taking a religion class though, it will probably be a breath of fresh air after circulating around all of these art/web design projects, you know?
Either way, no matter what I get from this semester, I want to remember that I need to keep in Constant communication with God. It really is harder than one thinks to remember that God is still with you even though you are anxious, upset, stressed and tired from being bombarded with projects and topped up with large assignments.

That is all for now. I pray all who are reading this will take the 'new year' as an opportunity to really change something that Needs changing in your life.

Philippians 4:13-"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."











Emit T Funk









Last but not least, I would also like to mention that it was Tim and I's one and a half year anniversary on January 1st, one of the only 'sorta major' anniversaries we were able to be together:) And guess what. God gave us the most Gorgeous day of the month (a 53 degree day in January) to celebrate it on! We took the opportunity to go hiking up a 1,300+ foot mountain and afterwards eat at a japanese restaurant and had the time of our lives.

If I am thankful about anything that has ever happened in my life, it would be him. Nobody knows how much he has helped me through all of my problems, or how we continue to help each other and grow together. What an amazing relationship I have with him. I pray that will never ever end. No matter what doubts people put into my mind, I am confident God's seeing this relationship through all the way to the end of time. Thank you God:)













Proverbs 30:18-19
There are three things that amaze me—
no, four things that I don’t understand:
how an eagle glides through the sky,
how a snake slithers on a rock,
how a ship navigates the ocean,
how a man loves a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment