Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"It's Just a Movie"


[For the Meat of this post, skip to the bottom]

Today I woke up at 8:40am and it was 55 degrees! This is a beautiful day-and below are two of my assignments due tomorrow for my Documentary class. Please view below:


Dairy Farm Documentary Project









A Day in the Life of Tim [My Beautiful Boyfriend]















And now for the meat of this post....
Something to take into serious consideration,
for all of you readers (including myself):




"It's just a movie."

The concept that this is just a movie is Dangerous.
It sugest that movies dont effect us-That is a Lie.

You think that they spend the amount of money they do on advertising if the visuals didn't effect us?
A Billion Dollar Industry,
and you think They think it is 'just a movie?'

The average teenager, by the age of 18, has experienced 200,000 violent acts on televisions, including 40,000 murders.



Learn about Mirror Neurons,
and then honestly tell me that movies have no effect on us.

(This is part of the reason why I won't go to the movie theaters any more.
I could preach a sermon on this topic,
but bottom line, I'm not supporting Hollywood any longer.
Maybe someday you will join me.)




Philippians 4:8-

"Finally, brethren,
whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report;

if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
think on these things."


No comments:

Post a Comment