Monday, April 9, 2012

Resurrection



GUYS, if nothing else -
If you care not to read any of the rest, then
PLEASE, Just STOP RIGHT HERE
and at least WATCH THIS for me.
I would HIGHLY appreciate it!:D



(Every year during easter time, Andrews University puts on a play reenacting the last moments of Jesus's life before death. Regardless of what you believe, please watch it and at least try and appreciate the choreography. Andrews did an Amazing Job.)





(Now back to the post...)

Wow. So I know I have not posted in about a month. I cannot believe all that time went by. We went on spring break (very refreshing - even though now I feel like I can barley remember it already), and we have been starting our finals projects, etc. So there is a lot going on here. But I do want to show you one of the last projects I completed in my Adv Photography class - Self Portrait. That was rather fun, because even though I could not look through the lens, I got to act out and kinda just spend me myself and I time. Brings me back to when I was very young, no kids in my neighborhood, mom was always busy, dad was always busy, and my sister was either too young or did not enjoy doing what I did, so it was me myself and I - and that was my inspiration for this series below:












OH thats right! I ALSO have an abstract series that I finished a few weeks ago before break. That was actually a lot of fun, my secret was that I took off the lens for some of the shots and held it just an inch away from the camera to shoot through it on a beach during sunset = very pretty/cool effects. I was influenced by Frances Seward.











I also have the finals from the FLOWER project (an extension of the post below!). Not all of them came out as planned. I had more flowers this time (all from Andrews University's beautiful campus) and more nail polish, but more of the flowers started to sink-destroying the nail polish design and wasting all of the nail polish that was used for it. SoOoo you work with what you've got right?














Well, that is all for now, there is so much more to do and I'm about to go get some dinner now. Take care everybody! :)

2 Peter 3:9-

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment