Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SUMMER!

Wow!! It's already summer! Can you believe it? I love summer-my favorite season of the year. I am so sorry I have not updated my blog sooner. But I have lots to tell about. So what have I been doing this whole time you might ask? Well, school ended the first week of may, and I got to go on my first cruise ever - A cruise to the BAHAMAS with my boyfriend. Still need to update photos of that, but that was a lot of fun. I am so blessed to have him:] Right when I got home, Tim and I went all over town to give out my brochures - over 300 of them. I spent the last few weeks at Andrews University buying the paper, designing the layouts, printing them and folding them. Now I just need to wait and see what comes about from them...



I have been photographing for and designing my friend a website for his new Album - Will Power. I already heard one song, and it sounds like it is going to be Great. I Love it so much already. It is a very inspiring and God focused album with wonderful talent. It will be up maybe even by tonight, but definitely by the end of the week. I will post the link up when it's ready. In the mean time, you can see a snapshot of the Home page:



On top of that, I also made my mother a website for Mothers day. Why you might ask? Because my mother bakes the most BREATHTAKING cakes I have ever seen around here. So it was time that she becomes official. Seriously, the kind of talent she has for it is something you would only see on TV. I kid you not. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself - www.customcakes.tk



Now for the photography side, God answered prayer and I found a great internship in NYC. I am interning once a week under the photographer James Ransom , a great still life, food and interior photographer. Please take a moment to check him out, I guarantee you will be impressed by his work. I was so inspired by the natural lighting on the food photography, along with being inspired by another photographer Andrew Scriviani, that I decided to give it a shot myself,




This dish was AMAZING. I NEVER tasted a salad like this. Really! And SO incredibly healthy for you too. If you are ever in the mood for some delicious greens, I recommend you make this dish. I have placed all of the ingredients for it below so you can enjoy it too:)

The ingredients for the salad dish was:
Olive Oil
Dill
Black Pepers
Garlic
Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
Romain Lettuce
Boston Lettuce
Mushrooms
Sweet peas
Chick peas
Carrot
Onion
Tomatoes
Grapes
Mustard Seeds
Coriander seeds
Pine Nuts


The Rice dish had:
Brown rice
Radish sprouts
Mint leaves


The drink was made out of:
Coconut milk
Carrot Juice
Half a Banana Blended


And finally a few slices of Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel Bread



This was Amazing as well. If you think you have tasted a veggie burger before, think again! My mother makes these from scratch, made from carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, onion, beans, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and salt and pepper. The eggplant has homemade marinara sauce from my dads home grown tomatoes, tomato basil marinara, with vegan mozzarella. The homefries were here as well sprinkled with rosemary.

The rest of my summer I will be working again at the Children's Illustration Agency, Portfolio Solutions, LLC and taking two summer courses starting in a month.
Along with that, I will be taking whatever side jobs I can find for photography. So if you need photography and you are located in New York, please contact me here.


Other than that, I will be enjoying the weather, hanging out with friends, doing some photography projects on the side, and spending time with family.

Keep checking back, I'll be sure to stay updated on whatever I've got!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on your internship, your post is an inspiration to me and your work on the website are really good, inspired me to do a mention on it for my blog

    liveurfantasyevryday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natasha:) That means a lot to me. and man props to you for updating your blog like every day basically! So very cool-you seem like an awesome person to be friends with.
      Good luck with graphic design :))

      Delete